Today we celebrate
- the Women we have taken for granted,
- the Women we have loved and lost,
- the Women who have given us care, love and protection,
- the Women who have chosen to go their own way,
- the Women who have privileged our lives more than their own,
- the Women who have shown us the way,
- the Women who have sacrificed much so we can be here in this moment in our history.
Today we celebrate Being a Woman, and be reminded of the need to pay attention and be vigilant as we go into our future – to honour the women in our lives.
Let our wisdom guide us to appreciate the beauty of our uniqueness and difference, and our shared humanity.
Happy International Women’s Day!
© 2017 FlorenceT Copyright reserved. The author asserts her moral and legal rights over this work.