On such a day, I am compelled to write. But of what?
I could write about
- the commercialism of this day known as Valentine’s Day
- love renewed because of the call of Valentine’s Day
- affection expressed when compelled by Valentine’s Day
- faith in another inspired by Valentine’s Day
- romanticism, cynic or believer, occasioned by Valentine’s Day
- the many creative products from the idea of love which inspires Valentine’s Day
- going through the day unaffected by Valentine’s Day
- those who are hurt or disappointed on this day and why
- those who find meaning on this symbolic day.
Love exists in a myriad of relationships, not just those of a romantic nature which seems to be the focus of Valentine’s Day.
So for today, an exploration of love in relationships through meaningful quotes. Perhaps you will find one which resonates within.
Motherhood: All love begins and ends there. ~ Robert Browning
Do I want to be a hero to my son? No. I would like to be a very real human being. That’s hard enough. ~ Robert Downey, Jr.
The reason grandchildren and grandparents get along so well is that they have a common enemy. ~ Sam Levenson
We’re born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we’re not alone. ~Orson Welles
The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches but to reveal to him his own. ~ Benjamin Disraeli
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Nature always wears the colors of the spirit. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone – we find it with another. ~ Thomas Merton
To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim you don’t grab hold of the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead you relax, and float. ~ Alan Watts
None of these is possible, unless we are in a love relationship with ourselves, as it is a necessary foundation upon which other relationships flourish.
Don’t wait for someone to bring you flowers.
Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul.
~ Maria Quintana
Whether Valentine’s Day is significant to you or just another day, it means something.
May you have courage to romance yourself, love all that you are.
© 2017 FlorenceT Copyright reserved. The author asserts her moral and legal rights over this work.