Thank you, Andy of The World of Andy Lawson for this nomination.
Here are the rules (as usual *sigh*):
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award
- Display the banner/sticker/logo on your blog
- Answer the questions the award giver asked
- List 11 facts about yourself
- List your nominees
Here goes nothing:
- If you could travel anywhere, for free, where would you go? And why? I would travel to every nook of this planet – to explore its magnificent beauty – nature and landscape, its architecture, its people, etc.
- If the bank made a mistake, and put sixty thousand dollars in your account, what would you do? I would return it asap, yes boring I know.
- What are your thoughts on legalizing marijuana? That kinda depends on the context of why it is being legalized. That’s my way of saying ‘I am conflicted’.
- What is your favorite childhood memory? Weekend ritual of family ‘excursion’ to the beach.
- What did you want to be when you grew up, and what do you do instead? Wanted to be a lawyer, am a lawyer.
- What happened on the best workday you’ve ever had? I was ‘in the zone’, in ‘flow’, and accomplished many things.
- What was your favorite thing that your mother used to cook for you? Rice porridge – still one of my best comfort foods.
- Do you believe in soul mates or love at first sight? I believe in soul mates and attraction/lust (not love) at first sight.
- If you could go back in time, and change one thing, what would it be? I would dedicate more time to find and create myself.
- Are you married? And if so, describe your proposal. Yes, and I proposed, enough said.
11 facts about myself – what else is there to say… 🙂
- For a short period in my life, my hair was streaked purple.
- I did not have long hair (meaning anything below the shoulders) until i was 20.
- I was a tomboy all through my childhood, and then a feminist ever since.
- I caused quite a sensation when I took the solo dance at a local concert. I was a minor celebrity (using contemporary term) for at least the next 10 years. I was 6 when I did the dance :-).
- I cannot go past a bookstore without dropping in and browsing. Try getting me out of one!
- I have always had the knack of creating a private space anywhere for my reading pleasure.
- I don’t need much sleep – I’m so lucky ‘cos then I can read for as long as I like. Well now, it’s read and blog.
- I am a coffee ‘addict’ in the morning and a green tea enthusiast in the evening.
- My first ‘serious’ adult fiction was ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ by Agatha Christie. I was 8.
- I did not become interested in reading Fantasy books until I got my hands on ‘The Magician’ by Raymond Feist. I have read this book 4 times – it is that fabulous!
- My grandmother passed away 25 years ago, and I still miss her. She who showed me gentle strength, who taught me to be true to my convictions, who demonstrated unconditional love and grace.
This is where I am going to break the rules. I will update this post as soon as I have ‘undertaken the research’.
Phew, that’s done for now…