This is indeed meaningful to me… a 2-month old newbie in the world of blogging.
Thank you Meredith Inspiring Blogger Award for the nomination. I finally got round to ‘accepting’ this award so here goes.
11 facts about myself:
1. I have an insatiable need to speak my mind, so blogging is my way of not making a nuisance of myself.
2. I am unconventional (I’d like to think so but most probably not? ).
3. I don’t like to see suffering.
4. I can’t live without music.
5. I can’t live without books.
6. I dream of a cottage by the sea where I will spend my days writing and watching/listening to the waves.
7. I believe, ‘Life happens!’
8. I also believe each of us has choice in how we respond.
9. “Solitude and quiet” is my refuge.
10. I love to sing.
11. I am a sucker for a good quote 🙂
To answer your questions:
1. What 3 items would you want if you were marooned on a desert island?
- magic music player the keeps on playing
- magic book that ‘refills’
- magic espresso machine that makes coffee on demand
2. What or who, or both inspires you?
My children inspires me by being who they are.
3. What book/s are you reading?
There are piles – depending on my mood. Most recent – ‘Soulmates’ by Thomas Moore; and ‘Kurt Vonnegut Letters’.
4. What dream place would you choose to live?
Anywhere where I am free to be Me – that’s my home.
5. What word do you hate?
6. When did you start blogging, and of course why?
Started about a month ago – to put down the thoughts coursing through my mind, the emotions through my veins – and should they bring inspiration or comfort to another, then I am doubly pleased.
7. What is your go to food; eat to live, live to eat?
I do enjoy food so a ‘live to eat’ person, and my go-to food is comfort foods which remind me of home.
8. What’s on your bucket list (on paper or in your mind) that you’ve already accomplished?
Don’t have a bucket list per se. I desire and am open to new experiences – each one adds meaning to my life – till the end of my days.
9. If you could choose anyone to be your mentor, dead or alive, who would it be?
Wow, tricky one – Maya Angelou, Hilary Clinton, Deborah Harkness and Emma Thompson, all rolled into one?
10. Tell us your most embarrassing moment.
Can’t think of one – probably because I have been too cautious to be in embarrassing moments :).
11. Tell us your proudest moment.
The moment I realized that I am an intelligent – mentally, emotionally and spiritually, and highly capable woman, and stopped apologizing.
I nominate the following for being inspirational:
To accept this award, the nominee must:
– must give a link back to the person who nominated them.
– answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you
– provide 10 facts about yourself
– choose 10 more people and ask them 10 questions.
Here are the 11 questions from me to you:
1. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
2. What is your favourite leisure activity?
3. Which artist (visual art, performing arts, music etc.) inspired you most?
4. Which job would you never do?
5. What musical instrument do you play?
6. What was the last book you read and when?
7. How many hours do you need to sleep each night to function optimally?
8. What is your most detested vegetable?
9. If you could live your life over again, what would you change?
10. Have you ever ‘loved and lost’?
11. What is the one quote that has resonated and stayed with you?